How to Marinate ChickenBefore you marinate a chicken, you need to determine if you want to just add flavor, tenderize the meat, or both. The following tips will help.
Flavoring marinades do exactly what they should -- add flavor. Marinating times for chicken can range from just 15 minutes to several hours.
Marinating chicken pieces in a resealable plastic food storage bag
makes for easy cleanup.
Don't use an aluminum container with a highly acidic marinade. The acid
can cause a chemical reaction.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Chicken Recipes: Chicken is a very versatile food that can take on a variety of different flavors and be used in all kinds of dishes. Find some suggestions on our Chicken Recipes page.
- Chicken Safety: Since raw chicken can harbor harmful bacteria, it's important to know how to properly handle chicken in the kitchen. Learn chicken safety tips in this article.
- How to Cook Chicken: Get all the facts on cooking this popular poultry on our How to Cook Chicken page.
- Cooking Chicken: Cooking chicken can be a bit difficult because it's imperative that the meat is cooked all the way through. Gather helpful tips at HowStuffWorks.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.