Tuffy Stone - Cool Smoke Grilling Tips
1. Use a quality charcoal for your heat source when cooking and remember that lump charcoal burns hotter than briquettes.
2. Make sure that your grill/pit is clean before cooking. Clean grate with wire brush and clean out ash from the bottom of your grill.
3. Start charcoal with a chimney and newspaper, instead of lighter fluid.
4. Make sure your grate is very hot, before placing meat on the grill. This will help prevent meat from sticking.
5. Season steaks, hamburgers, poultry, or fish approximately 15-30 minutes before grilling. This will allow for the seasoning to be absorbed into the meat.
6. Allow cooked meats to rest for approximately 3-5 minutes before serving. This will allow juice to stay in the meat, after they are cut.