YIELD Makes 1 (9X5-inch) loaf
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
|3||cups walnut halves|
|1||package (8 ounces) candied cherries|
|1||package (8 ounces) chopped dates|
|1||package (4 ounces) candied pineapple|
|3/4||cup sifted all-purpose flour|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|3||eggs, lightly beaten|
|3||tablespoons dark rum or rum extract|
|1||tablespoon freshly grated orange peel|
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 9X5-inch loaf pan with greased waxed paper.
- Combine walnuts and fruit in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Sift over walnut mixture; toss gently until walnut mixture is well coated.
- Blend in eggs, rum, orange peel and vanilla. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Halloween can be a scary time, but you don't have to be scared in the kitchen because our recipes will be right there to comfort you.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.