Trout with Apples and Toasted Hazelnuts the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Trout with Apples and Toasted Hazelnuts
Makes 2 servings
|1/3||cup whole hazelnuts|
|5||tablespoons butter or margarine, divided|
|1||large Red Delicious apple, cored and cut into 16 wedges|
|2||butterflied rainbow trout fillets (about 8 ounces each)|
|Salt and black pepper|
|3||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1||tablespoon lemon juice|
|1||tablespoon snipped fresh chives|
|Lemon slices and fresh chives (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. To toast hazelnuts, spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until skins split.
- Wrap hazelnuts in kitchen towel; set aside 5 minutes to cool slightly. Rub nuts in towel to remove as much of the papery skins as possible. Process hazelnuts in food processor until coarsely chopped; set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Rinse trout and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper, then coat in flour. Place fish in skillet. Cook 4 minutes or until golden and fish flakes easily when tested with fork, turning halfway through cooking time. Return apple to skillet. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in lemon juice, chives and hazelnuts. To serve, sprinkle fish and apple with hazelnut mixture. Garnish with lemon slices and chives.
Check out more recipes for Fish