Tuna Corn Chowder
Prep and Cook Time 25 minutes
Makes 2 servings
|1||small onion, chopped|
|2||stalks celery, chopped|
|1-1/2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2||cups reduced-fat (2%) milk|
|1/2||teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||cup frozen whole kernel corn|
|1||can (6 ounces) tuna packed in water, drained|
- Cook bacon in large saucepan over medium-high heat until browned and crisp, turning once. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in saucepan.
- Add onion and celery to pan drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add flour, stirring until well blended. Stir in milk, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Stir in corn and tuna; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until corn is tender, stirring frequently.
- Crumble bacon. Serve chowder sprinkled with bacon.
For a special touch, top chowder with popped popcorn.
|Total Fat||8 g|
Check out more recipes for Chowders