Cupcakes are always a welcome treat for the kids. These are sure to command a repeat performance!
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 2 dozen cupcakes
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) cake mix (any flavor), plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1||container (16 ounces) chocolate frosting|
|3/4||cup marshmallow creme|
|24||shortbread ring cookies|
|2||sticks white spearmint gum|
|48||small red candies|
|Candy corn and assorted candies for decoration|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with paper baking cups.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpicks inserted into centers come out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Combine frosting and marshmallow creme in medium bowl; mix well. Frost cupcakes lightly with frosting mixture; reserve remaining frosting mixture.
- Cut cookies in half. Cut 24 halves in half again to form quarters.
- For each cupcake, stand 1 cookie half upright on back edge of cupcake for tail. Place 1 cookie quarter on opposite side of cupcake for head; discard or reserve remaining cookie quarters for another use. Frost cookies with remaining frosting mixture to blend in with cupcake.
- Cut gum into 1/4-inch pieces; trim both ends of gum into points. Fold gum in half to form beaks; place on bottom edges of heads as shown in photo. Position candies on heads for eyes. Decorate top of tails with candies as desired.
Check out more recipes for Fall