Makes 4 servings
|1||pound ground turkey breast (99% fat-free)|
|1-1/4||cups finely chopped onion, divided|
|1/2||cup finely chopped celery|
|6||tablespoons chili sauce, divided|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/8||black pepper, plus more to taste|
|4||cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes|
|1||to 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 8X8-inch baking pan with foil; lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine turkey, 3/4 cup onion, celery, eggs, 5 tablespoons chili sauce, garlic, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in large bowl; mix well. Form turkey mixture into loaf in foil-lined baking pan. Spread remaining 1 tablespoon chili sauce on top of loaf.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes until juices run clear and thermometer inserted in center of loaf registers 170°F.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray 1 sheet (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil with cooking spray. Combine frozen hash browns, remaining 1/2 cup onion and pepper to taste in medium bowl; mix well.
- Place hash brown mixture in center of foil. Place butter on hash brown mixture. Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet. Place packet on small baking sheet.
- When turkey loaf has baked for 20 minutes, place foil packet in oven. Bake on baking sheet 35 minutes. Remove turkey loaf and foil packet from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Carefully open one end of foil packet to allow steam to escape. Open packet and transfer mixture to serving plates. Serve with sliced turkey loaf.
Check out more recipes for Turkey