Turkey & Zucchini Enchiladas with Tomatillo-Green Chile Sauce
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 6 servings
|1-1/4||pounds turkey leg|
|Tomatillo-Green Chili Sauce|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1||small onion, thinly sliced|
|1||tablespoon minced garlic (5 to 6 cloves)|
|1||pound zucchini, thinly sliced and quartered|
|1-1/2||teaspoons ground cumin|
|1/2||teaspoon dried oregano|
|3/4||cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|12||(6-inch) corn tortillas|
|1/2||cup crumbled feta cheese|
|6||sprigs fresh cilantro (optional)|
- Place turkey in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat pulls apart easily when tested with fork. Drain; discard skin and bone. Cut meat into small pieces. Place in medium bowl; set aside.
- Prepare Tomatillo-Green Chili Sauce.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is golden. Add zucchini, water, cumin and oregano. Cover; cook and stir over medium heat 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Add to turkey. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1 inch water in medium bowl. Dip 1 tortilla in water; shake off excess. Place in hot skillet. Cook 10 to 15 seconds on each side or until tortilla is hot and pliable. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spray bottom of 13X9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon 1/4 cup filling in center of each tortilla; fold sides over to enclose. Place seam side down in pan. Brush tops with 1/2 cup Tomatillo-Green Chili Sauce. Cover; bake 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through. Top enchiladas with remaining Tomatillo-Green Chili Sauce and feta cheese. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Herbs are a good way to add flavor to foods without adding calories, sodium or fat. This recipe combines oregano, cumin and fresh cilantro to pack it full of flavor.
|Serving Size:||1/6 of total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||28 %|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||12 g|
Check out more recipes for Mexican