Twisty Sticks the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 2-1/2 dozen cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|6||tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided|
|1||tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder|
|2||tablespoons creamy peanut butter|
|1||cup semisweet chocolate chips|
|Colored sprinkles and finely chopped peanuts|
- Remove dough from wrapper. Divide dough in half; place in separate medium bowls. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons flour and cocoa powder to one dough half; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons flour and peanut butter to other dough half; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Divide chocolate dough into 30 equal pieces. Divide peanut butter dough into 30 equal pieces. Shape each dough piece into 4-inch-long rope on lightly floured surface. For each cookie, twist 1 chocolate rope and 1 peanut butter rope together. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips and shortening in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Microwave on HIGH for additional 30-second intervals until chips and shortening are completely melted and smooth. Spread chocolate on 1 end of each cookie; top with sprinkles and peanuts as desired. Place on waxed paper. Let stand 30 minutes or until set.
Check out more recipes for Peanut Butter