YIELD Makes 16 servings
This rustic, free-form tart packs a powerful punch of flavor and nutrient-rich vegetables. Red bell peppers and other vitamin C-rich vegetables provide more than the daily RDA for vitamin C, a powerful disease-fighting nutrient.
|Pastry Dough (recipe)|
|Olive oil flavored nonstick cooking spray|
|1||small sweet potato|
|1||tablespoon olive or vegetable oil|
|1||cup sliced mushrooms|
|1/2||cup thinly sliced leeks|
|1||medium zucchini, sliced|
|1||medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|8||to 10 cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon dried basil|
|1/2||teaspoon dried rosemary|
|Black pepper (optional)|
|2||to 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
|1||egg white, beaten|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare Pastry Dough. While dough is resting, begin preparing vegetables for tart.
- Spray nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Slice sweet potato into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place on prepared baking sheet; spray tops of slices with cooking spray. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning slices once.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms, leeks, zucchini, parsnip, bell pepper, garlic, basil and rosemary; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Roll out Pastry Dough on lightly floured surface to a 14-inch round; place on cookie sheet or large pizza pan. Place sweet potato slices evenly over crust, leaving a 2-1/2-inch border around side. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Fold edge of dough over edge of vegetable mixture, pleating dough, as necessary, to fit. Brush edge of dough with egg white.
- Bake 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Garnish with fresh basil and rosemary, if desired. Cut into wedges; serve warm.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Calories from Fat||16 %|
Learn new and exciting ways to cook chicken that will surprise and delight your friends and family by following our chicken recipes.
Cooking turkey doesn't have to be time-consuming or difficult if you follow our easy-to-understand recipes.