YIELD Makes 16 servings
This rustic, free-form tart packs a powerful punch of flavor and nutrient-rich vegetables. Red bell peppers and other vitamin C-rich vegetables provide more than the daily RDA for vitamin C, a powerful disease-fighting nutrient.
|Pastry Dough (recipe)|
|Olive oil flavored nonstick cooking spray|
|1||small sweet potato|
|1||tablespoon olive or vegetable oil|
|1||cup sliced mushrooms|
|1/2||cup thinly sliced leeks|
|1||medium zucchini, sliced|
|1||medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|8||to 10 cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon dried basil|
|1/2||teaspoon dried rosemary|
|Black pepper (optional)|
|2||to 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
|1||egg white, beaten|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare Pastry Dough. While dough is resting, begin preparing vegetables for tart.
- Spray nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Slice sweet potato into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place on prepared baking sheet; spray tops of slices with cooking spray. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning slices once.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms, leeks, zucchini, parsnip, bell pepper, garlic, basil and rosemary; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Roll out Pastry Dough on lightly floured surface to a 14-inch round; place on cookie sheet or large pizza pan. Place sweet potato slices evenly over crust, leaving a 2-1/2-inch border around side. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Fold edge of dough over edge of vegetable mixture, pleating dough, as necessary, to fit. Brush edge of dough with egg white.
- Bake 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Garnish with fresh basil and rosemary, if desired. Cut into wedges; serve warm.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Calories from Fat||16 %|
There are hundreds of ways to cook pork, so check out our recipes to see which one you'd like to try for your next meal.
Grill it, bake it, blacken it or even eat it raw. These are just a few of the ways that our recipes suggest to cook fish. Try them today.