Vermicelli with Minced Pork
YIELD Makes 4 servings
|4||ounces Chinese rice vermicelli or bean threads|
|3||green onions with tops, divided|
|2||tablespoons minced fresh ginger|
|2||tablespoons hot bean sauce|
|1‑1/2||cups chicken broth|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon dry sherry|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|6||ounces lean ground pork|
|1||small red or green hot chili pepper,* seeded and finely chopped|
|2||cilantro sprigs (Chinese parsley), for garnish|
|Cilantro leaves and fresh hot red pepper for garnish|
- Place vermicelli and dried mushrooms in separate bowls; cover each with hot water. Let stand 30 minutes; drain. Cut bean threads into 4-inch pieces.
- Squeeze out as much excess water as possible from mushrooms. Cut off and discard mushroom stems; cut caps into thin slices.
- Cut one onion into 1-1/2-inch slivers; reserve for garnish. Cut remaining two onions into thin slices.
- Combine ginger and hot bean sauce; set aside. Combine chicken broth, soy sauce and sherry; set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add meat; stir-fry until no longer pink in center, about 2 minutes. Add chili pepper, sliced onions and bean sauce mixture. Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth mixture, vermicelli and mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Top with onion slivers. Garnish, if desired.
This recipe appears in: Chinese
You Might Also Like