YIELD Makes 12 summer rolls
|Vietnamese Dipping Sauce (recipe)|
|8||ounces medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|3‑1/2||ounces thin rice noodles (rice vermicelli)|
|12||rice paper wrappers,* about 6-1/2 inches in diameter|
|36||whole fresh cilantro leaves|
|4||ounces roast pork or beef, sliced 1/8 inch thick|
|1||tablespoon chopped peanuts|
|Lime peel (optional)|
- Prepare Vietnamese Dipping Sauce; set aside.
- Bring large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp; simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon to small bowl. When cool, slice shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Meanwhile, soften rice noodles in medium bowl of hot water 20 to 30 minutes or according to package directions. Drain; cut noodles into manageable 3-inch lengths.
- Soften rice paper wrappers in large bowl of warm water 30 to 40 seconds or until pliable. Drain wrappers, 1 at a time, on paper towels and transfer to clean work surface. Arrange 3 cilantro leaves in center of wrapper. Layer with two shrimp halves, some pork and rice noodles.
- Fold bottom of wrapper up over filling; fold in each side and roll up, burrito-style. Place on platter with leaf design on top. Repeat with remaining wrappers and fillings.
- Sprinkle Summer Rolls with peanuts. Serve with Vietnamese Dipping Sauce. Garnish with lime peel.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.