YIELD Makes 8 servings
|2||pounds boneless pork loin|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1‑1/2||pounds small red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into halves|
|2||tablespoons hoisin sauce|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||medium onion, sliced|
|3||large zucchini (1-1/2 pounds), cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
- Trim excess fat layer from pork; discard. To butterfly pork loin, make horizontal cut, starting from one long edge through center of pork to within 1 inch of opposite long edge. (Be careful not to cut all the way through.) Open pork and press uncut edge to flatten as much as possible.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat 1 minute or until hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat 30 seconds. Add pork, cut side down, and cook about 5 minutes or until browned. Turn pork over and cook about 5 minutes or until other side is browned. Remove pork to plate.
- Add potatoes to bottom of wok. Place pork, cut side down, over potatoes. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring if necessary to loosen potatoes.
- To prepare glaze, combine ketchup, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar and garlic in small saucepan. Heat over low heat; keep warm.
- Spoon 1/2 of glaze over pork. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until pork and potatoes are fork-tender. Remove pork and potatoes. Cover; keep warm.
- Rinse wok and heat over medium-high heat until dry. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and heat 30 seconds. Add onion; cook and stir about 1 minute or until wilted. Add zucchini and stir-fry until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Transfer zucchini, onion and potatoes to serving platter. Cut pork crosswise into thin slices; add to platter. Top with remaining glaze. Serve immediately.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.
Learn how to make authentic Southwestern foods by following our easy-to-cook recipes that will help to spice up your next meal.