YIELD Makes 8 servings
|2||pounds boneless pork loin|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1‑1/2||pounds small red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into halves|
|2||tablespoons hoisin sauce|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||medium onion, sliced|
|3||large zucchini (1-1/2 pounds), cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
- Trim excess fat layer from pork; discard. To butterfly pork loin, make horizontal cut, starting from one long edge through center of pork to within 1 inch of opposite long edge. (Be careful not to cut all the way through.) Open pork and press uncut edge to flatten as much as possible.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat 1 minute or until hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat 30 seconds. Add pork, cut side down, and cook about 5 minutes or until browned. Turn pork over and cook about 5 minutes or until other side is browned. Remove pork to plate.
- Add potatoes to bottom of wok. Place pork, cut side down, over potatoes. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring if necessary to loosen potatoes.
- To prepare glaze, combine ketchup, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar and garlic in small saucepan. Heat over low heat; keep warm.
- Spoon 1/2 of glaze over pork. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until pork and potatoes are fork-tender. Remove pork and potatoes. Cover; keep warm.
- Rinse wok and heat over medium-high heat until dry. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and heat 30 seconds. Add onion; cook and stir about 1 minute or until wilted. Add zucchini and stir-fry until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Transfer zucchini, onion and potatoes to serving platter. Cut pork crosswise into thin slices; add to platter. Top with remaining glaze. Serve immediately.
Learn how to make authentic Southwestern foods by following our easy-to-cook recipes that will help to spice up your next meal.
Contrary to popular belief, Southern cuisine does not have to involve frying everything (but it helps in many cases). Learn the secrets of country cooking with our Southern recipes. Y'all enjoy.