YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||package (3-3/4 ounces) cellophane noodles (bean threads)|
|1/2||cup beef broth|
|1/2||cup teriyaki sauce|
|1/4||cup sake, rice wine or dry sherry|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1||pound beef tenderloin or top sirloin steaks|
|12||fresh shiitake or button mushrooms (about 6 ounces), stems removed|
|1/2||pound firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes|
|6||green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces|
|1/2||pound fresh spinach, stems removed|
- Place noodles in bowl; cover with water. Let stand 30 minutes or until softened; drain. Cut into 4-inch lengths; set aside.
- Combine beef broth, teriyaki sauce, sake and sugar in small bowl; mix well. Set aside. Cut beef crosswise into 1/4-inch strips.
- Heat wok over high heat 1 minute. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add half of beef; stir-fry 3 minutes or until browned. Remove to bowl; set aside. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and beef.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add mushrooms to wok; stir-fry 1 minute and move to one side of wok. Add tofu to bottom of wok; fry 1 minute, stirring gently. Move to another side of wok. Add green onions to bottom of wok. Add broth mixture and bring to a boil. Move onions up side of wok.
- Add noodles and spinach, keeping each in separate piles and stirring gently to soften in teriyaki sauce. Push up side of wok. Add beef and any juices; heat through.
This recipe appears in: Asian
You Might Also Like