YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||package (3-3/4 ounces) cellophane noodles (bean threads)|
|1/2||cup beef broth|
|1/2||cup teriyaki sauce|
|1/4||cup sake, rice wine or dry sherry|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1||pound beef tenderloin or top sirloin steaks|
|12||fresh shiitake or button mushrooms (about 6 ounces), stems removed|
|1/2||pound firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes|
|6||green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces|
|1/2||pound fresh spinach, stems removed|
- Place noodles in bowl; cover with water. Let stand 30 minutes or until softened; drain. Cut into 4-inch lengths; set aside.
- Combine beef broth, teriyaki sauce, sake and sugar in small bowl; mix well. Set aside. Cut beef crosswise into 1/4-inch strips.
- Heat wok over high heat 1 minute. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add half of beef; stir-fry 3 minutes or until browned. Remove to bowl; set aside. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and beef.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add mushrooms to wok; stir-fry 1 minute and move to one side of wok. Add tofu to bottom of wok; fry 1 minute, stirring gently. Move to another side of wok. Add green onions to bottom of wok. Add broth mixture and bring to a boil. Move onions up side of wok.
- Add noodles and spinach, keeping each in separate piles and stirring gently to soften in teriyaki sauce. Push up side of wok. Add beef and any juices; heat through.
You Might Also Like
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.