Yes, you can have bacon and eggs for dinner. Of course, that old breakfast classic isn't the only typical morning meal that's cheap and easy to make for dinner. Pancakes, French toast and waffles won't challenge your cooking skills or your wallet. If you can't decide between breakfast and a more typical lunch or dinner food, try this frittata recipe.
- Center for Science in the Public Interest. "Nutrition Action Health Letter." Vol. 29, No. 5. June 2002. (Nov. 30, 2011) http://www.cspinet.org/nah/06_02/pizza_051702.pdf
- Clauson, Annette. "Despite Higher Food Prices, Percent of U.S. Income Spent on Food Remains Constant." Amber Waves. September 2008. (Nov. 30, 2011) http://www.ers.usda.gov/AmberWaves/September08/Findings/PercentofIncome.htm
- Colorado State University. "Nutrition Column--What Does Pizza Deliver?" Sept. 27, 2002. (Nov. 20, 2011) http://www.news.colostate.edu/Release/2791
- Good Housekeeping. "Cheap Dinners: Meal Ideas and Recipes." (Nov. 20, 2011) http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipes/everyday-meals/cheap-meal-ideas
- Holland, Laurence H.M., and Ewalt, David M. "How Americans Make and Spend Their Money." Forbes. July 19, 2006. (Nov. 20, 2011) http://www.forbes.com/2006/07/19/spending-income-level_cx_lh_de_0719spending.html
- Michigan State University. "Nutritious Fast Food Kids' Meals are Scarce, Researchers Find." Dec. 22, 2008. (Nov. 20, 2011) http://news.msu.edu/story/5775/
- Pollan, Michael. "Out of the Kitchen, Onto the Couch." The New York Times. July 29, 2009. (Nov. 20, 2011) http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/02/magazine/02cooking-t.html?pagewanted=all
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. "Recipes and Tips for Healthy, Thrifty Meals." May 2000. (Nov. 20, 2011) http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/disaster/documents/FoodPlansRecipeBook.pdf
Pasta may not be as bad for you as people have thought. HowStuffWorks Now explores the health benefits of this Italian staple.