After-Dinner Mocha Truffle Cups the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
After-Dinner Mocha Truffle Cups
Makes 36 candy cups (about 1-1/2 pounds)
|36||Chocolate Cups or purchased chocolate liqueur cups|
|1||cup whipping cream|
|1||package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips|
|2||tablespoons prepared espresso, cooled|
|1||tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur|
|1||teaspoon unflavored gelatin|
|Sweetened whipped cream|
|Chocolate-covered coffee beans and fresh mint leaves for garnish|
*Use only grade A clean, uncracked eggs.
- Prepare Chocolate Cups; set aside.
- Place large bowl and beaters from electric mixer in freezer until cold. Pour whipping cream into chilled bowl. Beat with electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Refrigerate.
- Place eggs in separate large bowl; beat with electric mixer at high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored.
- Melt chocolate chips in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. Uncover; stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat. Add 1/4 cup melted chocolate to beaten eggs; stir to blend. Stir egg mixture into remaining melted chocolate. Cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Place espresso and liqueur in small saucepan; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 1 minute to soften. Gradually add gelatin mixture, a few drops at a time, to chocolate mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Gently fold 1/2 of chocolate mixture into chilled whipped cream. Add to remaining chocolate, gently folding until combined. Spoon chocolate mixture into Chocolate Cups with small spoon, filling to top; refrigerate at least 3 hours or until firm.
- To serve, dollop with sweetened whipped cream. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Candy