Almond Alphabet Cookies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Almond Alphabet Cookies
Makes 1-1/2 dozen cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1||to 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract|
|Assorted food colorings|
- Remove dough from wrapper; place in large bowl. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Add flour and almond extract to dough; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces.
- Combine each dough piece and desired food coloring in separate medium bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until dough is evenly colored. Wrap doughs separately in plastic wrap; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Divide each color of dough into 9 equal pieces. Shape 1 piece of each color into 7-inch rope; sprinkle with additional flour to minimize sticking, if necessary. Braid 3 different colored ropes together; stretch gently to make 9- to 10-inch braid. Cut braid in half; shape each braid half into desired alphabet letter on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough pieces to make 18 letters. Freeze letters at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake letters 9 to 11 minutes or until firm but not browned. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Nut