Almond-Coconut Balls the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes about 24 balls
|1||can (7 ounces) almond paste|
|1||cup flaked coconut|
|1/3||cup powdered sugar|
|1||to 2 teaspoons water|
|7||ounces pastel-colored confectionery coating|
- Line baking sheet with buttered waxed paper; set aside.
- Combine almond paste, coconut and sugar in medium bowl. Stir in water if mixture is dry.
- For each candy, shape 1 scant tablespoonful of mixture into 1-inch ball. Place balls on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Melt confectionery coating in saucepan set over hot, not boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Dip balls in coating to cover. Remove excess coating by scraping bottom of ball across rim of saucepan. Return to baking sheet. Reheat coating if it gets too thick. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
Check out more recipes for Candy