Almond-Oat Thins the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 36 cookies
|1/4||cup blanched slivered almonds|
|1/4||cup plus 1 tablespoon quick-cooking oats, divided|
|3||tablespoons soft baking butter with canola oil|
|1/4||cup light corn syrup|
|1/4||teaspoon almond extract|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with nonstick silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Place almonds and sugar in bowl of food processor. Process using 3-second pulses until mixture is mealy. Add 1/4 cup oats and process using 3-second pulses until finely ground. Add flour and pulse 2 to 3 times. Do not overmix.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add egg whites, corn syrup and almond and vanilla extracts; beat on medium speed 1 minute.
- Add dry mixture and remaining 1 tablespoon oats to wet ingredients and beat on low speed to mix batter, scraping sides of bowl.
- Drop batter by level teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets (9 cookies per baking sheet). Using back of wet spoon, spread batter into thin, 2-1/2-inch rounds.
- Bake 8 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||60 %|
Check out more recipes for Cookies