Angel Food Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Angel Food Cake
Makes 1 (10-inch) tube cake
|1-1/4||cups cake flour, sifted|
|1-1/3||cups plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided|
|1-1/4||teaspoons cream of tartar|
|1/4||teaspoon salt (optional)|
|Fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift together flour and 1/2 cup sugar two times.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar, salt, if desired, and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining 1-1/3 cups sugar, beating well after each addition. Fold in flour mixture. Pour into ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Invert pan; place on top of clean empty bottle. Allow cake to cool completely in pan before removing from pan. Serve with strawberries, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Cakes