Angel Food Roll with Strawberry Sauce
Make-Ahead Time at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours before serving
Final Prep Time 20 minutes
Makes 8 servings
|1||package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1/4||cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided|
|1||quart strawberry low-fat frozen yogurt|
|1||container (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries with sugar, thawed|
|1||tablespoon lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 15X10-inch jelly-roll pan with waxed paper. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour evenly into prepared pan. Bake about 20 minutes or until cake is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Place clean kitchen towel on flat surface. Sift 1/4 cup powdered sugar over towel; invert cake on top of sugar. Carefully peel off waxed paper. Starting at short end, roll cake up with towel, jelly-roll style. Cool 30 minutes, seam side down, on wire rack.
- Remove frozen yogurt from freezer to soften slightly. Carefully unroll cake. Place spoonfuls of frozen yogurt on top of cake; spread to edges. Reroll filled cake; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To prepare strawberry sauce, combine strawberries, lemon juice and cornstarch in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Let cool; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To complete recipe, remove cake from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Dust with remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Cut into slices with serrated knife; serve with strawberry sauce.
|Serving Size:||1/8 or total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||2 %|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Cakes