Angel Hair Pasta with Red Chili Sauce the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Angel Hair Pasta with Red Chili Sauce
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon olive oil|
|Red Chili Sauce|
|1/2||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
- Place flour, salt, eggs, milk and oil in food processor; process until dough forms. Shape into ball.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface; flatten slightly. Cut dough into 4 pieces. Wrap 3 dough pieces in plastic wrap; set aside.
- To knead by pasta machine, set rollers of pasta machine at widest setting (position 1).* Feed unwrapped dough piece through flat rollers by turning handle. (Dough may crumble slightly at first but will hold together after two to three rollings.)
- Lightly flour dough strip; fold strip into thirds. Feed through rollers again. Continue process 7 to 10 times until dough is smooth and elastic.
- To roll out dough by machine, reduce setting to position 3. Feed dough strip through rollers. Without folding strip into thirds, repeat on position 5 and 6. Let dough rest 5 to 10 minutes until slightly dry.
- Attach handle to angel hair pasta roller and feed dough through, catching angel hair pasta with free hand as it emerges.** Repeat kneading and rolling with reserved dough pieces.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water 1 to 2 minutes just until tender; remove from heat. Drain in colander.
- Prepare Red Chili Sauce.
- Toss sauce over pasta. Add cheese; toss well to coat.
Check out more recipes for Pasta