Angels the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 1 dozen cookies
|1||recipe Butter Cookie Dough|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
|Small pretzels, white frosting, toasted coconut, edible glitter dust and assorted small decors|
- Prepare and chill Butter Cookie Dough as directed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Roll dough on floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out 12 (4-inch) triangles. Reroll scraps to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out 12 (1-1/2-inch) circles.
- Place triangles on prepared cookie sheets. Brush with beaten egg. Attach circle, pressing gently. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Attach pretzels to back of each cookie for wings using frosting as "glue." Let stand 30 minutes or until frosting is set. Pipe frosting around hairline of each angel; sprinkle with coconut and glitter dust.
- Decorate cookies with frosting, coconut, glitter dust and decors to resemble angels as desired. Let cookies stand 1 hour or until frosting is set.
Check out more recipes for Christmas