Apple and Walnut Strudel
Makes 16 servings
|1||package (about 17 ounces) frozen puff pastry|
|1||cup sour cream|
|1||can (21 ounces) apple pie filling|
|1||cup coarsely chopped walnuts|
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine sour cream and egg yolk in small bowl; set aside. In separate small bowl, mix egg white and water; set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, roll 1 sheet pastry into 12X10-inch rectangle. Spread half of apple pie filling down center 1/3 of pastry. Spread 1/2 cup sour cream mixture over filling; sprinkle with 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Fold one long side of pastry over filling mixture; fold other side over filling mixture, overlapping edges. Press edges together to seal. Place on baking sheet, seam side down, tucking ends under. Using sharp knife, make 7 diagonal slits across top; brush with egg white mixture. Repeat with remaining pastry, apple pie filling, sour cream mixture and walnuts. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Check out more recipes for Puffs & Pastries