Apple Lasagna the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 12 to 15 servings
|2||cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese|
|1||cup ricotta cheese|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
|1/4||cup granulated sugar|
|1||teaspoon almond extract|
|2||cans (20 ounces each) apple pie filling|
|6||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|6||tablespoons packed brown sugar|
|1/4||cup uncooked quick-cooking oats|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|Dash ground nutmeg|
|1||cup sour cream|
|1/3||cup packed brown sugar|
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain in colander.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Combine Cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, granulated sugar and almond extract in medium bowl; blend well.
- Spread 1 can apple pie filling over bottom of prepared pan. Layer half the noodles over filling, then spread cheese mixture over noodles. Top with remaining noodles, then remaining can of apple pie filling.
- Combine flour, 6 tablespoons brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Cut in margarine until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple pie filling.
- Bake lasagna 45 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare garnish by blending sour cream and 1/3 cup brown sugar in small bowl until smooth. Cover; refrigerate.
- To serve, cut lasagna into squares and garnish with sour cream mixture.
Check out more recipes for Fruit Desserts