Apple Pie Wedges
Makes 16 servings
|1||cup butter, softened|
|1/3||cup apple butter|
|2-1/3||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||teaspoon apple pie spice*|
*Substitute 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg and pinch of ground allspice or ground cloves for 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice.
- Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add apple butter and egg yolk; mix well. Add flour, cinnamon, apple pie spice and vanilla; beat at low speed until well blended.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 6-inch disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Invert 1 disc of dough into ungreased 9-inch round pie plate. Press dough into plate with lightly floured hand, covering bottom of plate completely.
- Flute edge using handle of wooden spoon. Deeply score into 8 wedges.
- Prick surface using tines of fork. Repeat steps with remaining disc of dough and another pie plate.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool completely. Cut into wedges.
Serve these tasty cookies warm with a big scoop of vanilla or cinnamon-flavored ice cream.
Check out more recipes for Cookies