Apricot and Toasted Almond Phyllo Cups the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Apricot and Toasted Almond Phyllo Cups
Makes 8 servings
|1/2||cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese|
|4||ounces reduced-fat cream cheese|
|2||packets sugar substitute or equivalent of 4 teaspoons sugar|
|1||tablespoon fat-free (skim) milk|
|4||sheets phyllo dough|
|Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray|
|3||tablespoons apricot or blackberry preserves|
|1/4||cup sliced almonds, toasted|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8 (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Beat cottage cheese, cream cheese, sugar substitute, milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until completely smooth; refrigerate until needed.
- Place 1 sheet phyllo dough on work surface. Keep remaining sheets covered with plastic wrap and damp kitchen towel. Lightly spray phyllo sheet with nonstick cooking spray; top with another sheet; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Repeat with remaining sheets of phyllo.
- Cut stack of phyllo into 8 pieces using sharp knife or kitchen scissors. Gently fit each stacked square into prepared muffin cup. Bake 5 minutes or until lightly browned; cool on wire rack.
- Place preserves in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 20 seconds or until just melted. Spoon 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture into each phyllo cup; drizzle 1 teaspoon melted preserves on top of cheese mixture. Top with 1-1/2 teaspoons almonds.
|Serving Size:||1 Phyllo Cup|
|Calories from Fat||41 %|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Check out more recipes for Puffs & Pastries