Apricot Pork Chop and Dressing
Makes 6 servings
|1||box (6 ounces) herb-seasoned stuffing mix|
|1/2||cup dried apricots (about 16), cut into quarters|
|6||sheets (18X12-inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|6||bone-in pork chops, 1/2 inch thick|
|6||tablespoons apricot jam|
|1||bag (16 ounces) frozen green peas|
|3||cups matchstick carrots*|
*Precut matchstick carrots are available in the produce section of large supermarkets.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions; stir in apricots.
- Place 1/2 cup stuffing mixture in center of one sheet of foil. Place 1 pork chop over stuffing mixture, pressing down slightly and shaping stuffing to conform to shape of chop. Sprinkle chop with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon apricot jam over pork chop.
- Place 2/3 cup peas beside pork chop in curve of bone. Arrange 1/2 cup carrots around outside of chop.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet, leaving head space for heat circulation. Repeat with remaining stuffing mixture, pork chops, salt, pepper, jam and vegetables to make 5 more packets. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until pork chops are barely pink in centers and vegetables are tender. Remove from oven. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape. Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates.
Check out more recipes for Pork