Asparagus Chicken the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 4 servings
|1||pound chicken breast tenders|
|2||tablespoons cornstarch, divided|
|5||teaspoons soy sauce, divided|
|2||teaspoons dry sherry|
|2||large carrots, peeled|
|1||green onion with top|
|1||package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus, partially thawed|
|1/2||cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1||teaspoon sesame oil|
|3||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|Hot cooked rice|
- Cut each chicken tender crosswise in half. Combine egg white, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 2 teaspoons soy sauce and sherry in large bowl; stir until smooth. Add chicken and toss to coat; set aside.
- Slice carrots crosswise into 2-inch lengths. Slice carrot pieces lengthwise into thin slices; stack slices and cut lengthwise into julienne strips. Cut onion diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Cut asparagus spears diagonally into 1-1/2-inch lengths.
- Stir broth, remaining 3 teaspoons soy sauce and sesame oil into remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch in cup until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add chicken; stir-fry about 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove to medium bowl. Reduce heat to medium.
- Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add carrots to wok; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add asparagus; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir broth mixture until smooth and add to wok. Cook until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in onion, chicken and any accumulated juices to wok; cook until heated through. Serve over rice.
Check out more recipes for Chinese