Baked Beans Tuffy Stone
Tuffy Stone of Cool Smoke puts his own spin on a classic Baked Beans recipe. Stone appears in 'BBQ Pitmasters' on TLC.
|2||cans Baked Beans|
|2||cups Onion (finely diced and sautéed in 1 Tablespoon oil until soft)|
|1||cup Mild Barbeque Sauce|
|1 1/2||Brown Sugar (packed)|
|1||cup Brisket Fat|
|1/2||cup Worcestershire Sauce|
|2||Tablespoon Kosher Salt|
- Combine all ingredients in large, deep hotel pan.
- Mix with soft spatula.
- Cover with plastic and foil, label and refrigerate.
- When baking place in 350° oven for 1 hour then hold hot for service.
- There should be some juice in the cup with the beans.
- Beans can deteriorate if steam table is too hot.
- Juice begins to evaporate and the beans become overcooked.
- Add water if they appear to dry out.
- Beans need to retain their texture and firmness while being enhanced by the other ingredients.
Check out more recipes for Vegetable Side Dish