Barbara's Pork Chop Dinner the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 servings
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|6||bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)|
|1||small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|6||sheets (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|6||medium red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into thin slices|
|1||can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted|
|1||cup sliced fresh mushrooms|
|1/3||cup canned chicken broth|
|2||tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon dried basil|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|Chopped fresh parsley|
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Brown pork chops quickly on both sides. Set aside.
- Divide onion rings into 6 portions. Place one portion of onion rings on each sheet of foil. Top with potato slices.
- Combine soup, mushrooms, chicken broth, mustard, garlic, salt, basil and pepper in medium bowl. Pour some of soup mixture over potatoes and onion. Top with pork chops and remaining soup mixture.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove packets from oven. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape. Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates. Sprinkle with parsley.
Check out more recipes for Pork