Barbecued Beef Sandwiches the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Barbecued Beef Sandwich
Prep Time 20 to 25 minutes
Cook Time 9 to 10 hours (LOW) • 4 to 5 hours (HIGH)
Makes 12 servings
|3||pounds boneless beef chuck shoulder roast|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|1/4||cup cider vinegar|
|1/4||cup dark molasses|
|2||tablespoons Worcestershire sauce|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon dry mustard|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4||teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|Sesame seed buns, split|
- Cut roast in half; place in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients, except buns in large bowl. Pour sauce mixture over roast. Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove roast from sauce; cool slightly. Trim and discard excess fat from beef. Shred meat using two forks.
- Let sauce stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim off fat.
- Return shredded meat to slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce. Adjust seasonings. Cover; cook 15 to 30 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon filling into sandwich buns and top with additional sauce, if desired.
|Total Fat||23 g|
Check out more recipes for Sandwiches