Basil Chicken and Vegetables on Focaccia the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Basil Chicken and Vegetables on Focaccia
Makes 4 servings
|1/4||teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper, divided|
|1||loaf (16 ounces) focaccia or Italian bread|
|4||boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 pounds)|
|3||tablespoons olive oil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1-1/2||teaspoons dried basil|
|1||green bell pepper, cut into quarters|
|1||medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 4 slices|
|2||Italian plum tomatoes, sliced|
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl; set aside.
- Cut focaccia into quarters. Cut each quarter horizontally in half; set aside.
- Combine chicken, oil, garlic, basil, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in large resealable food storage bag. Seal bag; knead to combine. Add bell pepper and zucchini; knead to coat.
- Grill or broil chicken, bell pepper and zucchini 4 inches from heat 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in center. (Bell pepper and zucchini may take less time.)
- Top bottom half of each focaccia quarter with mayonnaise mixture, tomatoes, bell pepper, zucchini and chicken. Top with focaccia tops.
Check out more recipes for Italian