Beef Fajita Salad the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 servings
|1||pound beef sirloin, cut into thin strips|
|4||tablespoons lime juice, divided|
|1||teaspoon vegetable oil|
|1/2||teaspoon chili powder|
|1/2||teaspoon garlic powder|
|2||6-inch corn tortillas, cut into thin strips|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|2||plum tomatoes, diced|
|2||green onions, thinly sliced|
|2||tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro|
|2||tablespoons sliced black olives|
|8||cups curly endive, romaine or other lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces|
|1||medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced|
|4||ounces (1 cup) frozen green beans, cooked and drained|
|1||avocado, peeled and diced|
- Place sliced meat in a large resealable bag. Add 2 tablespoons lime juice, oil, chili powder and garlic powder. Close bag securely; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange tortilla strips on a nonstick baking sheet and spray tops of strips lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until tortillas are crispy; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, and black olives; set aside. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat, add beef and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until meat is cooked through, stirring occasionally; set aside. (Beef may have to be cooked in batches.)
- To assemble salad, arrange endive on a large platter. Scatter the red bell pepper and green beans over lettuce. Mound cooked beef in the middle of the salad. Top with tomato-olive mixture. Sprinkle tortillas strips on top.
- To make dressing, place buttermilk, avocado and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a blender and process for 15 to 20 seconds until mixture is smooth. Drizzle dressing over salad or serve on the side.
|Serving Size:||about 1-1/4 cups salad plus 1/4 cup dressing|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Calories from Fat||52 %|
Check out more recipes for Southwestern