Beef Stew Stroganoff the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 servings
|2||tablespoons olive oil or canola oil|
|1-1/2||pounds lean boneless beef (bottom round), cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2||teaspoon dried thyme|
|1||teaspoon caraway seeds|
|2||cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth|
|1/2||cup thinly sliced carrots|
|1/2||cup chopped red bell pepper|
|1||cup sliced mushrooms|
|4||ounces baby red potatoes, unpeeled, quartered (about 4 small)|
|2||tablespoons sour cream|
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add beef, cooking and stirring until meat juices evaporate and begin to caramelize.
- Stir in salt, pepper, thyme, caraway seeds and broth. Stir well to loosen bits of browned bits. Bring to a boil.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Lower heat and simmer stew slowly, covered, 1 hour.
- Add potatoes, and increase heat. When stew comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes more.
- Taste for seasoning, and stir in sour cream. Cook about 2 minutes or just until heated through.
- Serve over cooked noodles. For a low-carb meal, serve over cooked spaghetti squash, or spoon over a bed of sautéed shredded cabbage.
|Serving Size:||1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||46 %|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Check out more recipes for European