Beef Stroganoff the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 4 servings
|1||tablespoon cooking oil|
|1||pound beef tenderloin steaks or pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1/2||teaspoon each salt and white pepper|
|Pinch cayenne pepper|
|1||package (8 ounces) sliced white mushrooms|
|1/2||cup fat-free or reduced-fat sour cream|
|1/2||pound dry spinach noodles or pasta, cooked and drained|
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef or pork; cook, stirring, until cooked through and lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, cayenne and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer, covered, until meat is tender, about 25 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, if needed, to prevent pan from boiling dry.
- Add sour cream, stirring until heated through. Do not boil.
- To serve: Divide noodles equally among 4 plates. Spoon stroganoff over noodles.
Garnish, if desired, with julienned strips of 1 seeded fresh (or jarred) red bell pepper.
Check out more recipes for Beef