Oyster sauce is made with dried oysters, soy sauce and brine. It is used to enhance the flavor of stir-fries.
Makes 4 servings
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4||to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1||pound boneless beef top sirloin or tenderloin steaks|
|1/2||cup chicken broth|
|1/4||cup oyster sauce|
|1||tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil|
|3||thin green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces|
|1||teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish (optional)|
|Hot cooked white rice (optional)|
- Combine soy sauce, garlic and crushed red pepper in medium bowl. Cut beef lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Toss beef with soy sauce mixture. Cover; marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Blend broth and oyster sauce into cornstarch in cup until smooth.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; heat until hot. Add half of beef mixture; stir-fry until beef is barely pink in center. Remove to bowl. Repeat with remaining beef mixture; remove and set aside.
- Stir broth mixture and add to wok along with onions. Stir-fry 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Return beef along with any accumulated juices to wok; heat through. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
Check out more recipes for Chinese