Bittersweet Farm Chicken the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Bittersweet Farm Chicken
Makes 4 servings
|1/2||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||(3-1/2- to 4-pound) frying chicken, cut into serving pieces|
|8||tablespoons butter or margarine, divided|
|1/4||cup lemon juice|
|1/4||cup orange-flavored liqueur|
|Grated peel of 1 orange|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|Whole cooked baby carrots|
|Kumquat slices and lettuce leaves for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in large resealable bag. Add chicken; shake to coat completely with flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large baking pan in oven.
- Remove pan from oven; roll chicken in butter to evenly coat. Arrange chicken, skin side down, in single layer in pan. Bake chicken 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice, liqueur, honey, orange peel and soy sauce; reserve 2 tablespoons honey mixture.
- Remove chicken from oven; turn pieces over.
- Pour remaining honey mixture over chicken. Continue baking, basting occasionally with pan drippings, 30 minutes or until chicken is glazed and tender.
- Toss reserved 2 tablespoons honey mixture with carrots; serve with chicken. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Chicken