Black and White Pistachio Cake
Makes one 4-layer cake
|1||package (about 18 ounces) marble cake mix|
|1/3||cup vegetable oil|
|2||packages (4-serving size each) instant pistachio pudding and pie filling mix|
|1/3||cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained|
|1/4||cup chopped pistachio nuts|
|1-1/4||cups cold milk|
|1||package (4-serving size) instant pistachio pudding and pie filling mix|
|2||envelopes whipped topping mix|
|Additional maraschino cherries and pistachio nuts (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil and vanilla in large bowl. Mix according to package directions. Spread half of batter in one pan. Stir contents of chocolate packet into remaining batter. Spread chocolate batter in second pan. Bake and cool according to package directions.
- Prepare pudding mix using 3 cups milk. Stir in cherries and pistachios. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine milk, pudding mix and whipped topping mix in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended. Beat at high speed 2 to 3 minutes or until stiff, scraping sides of bowl often.
- To assemble cake, split each cake layer in half. Alternate chocolate cake layer with white cake layer, spreading filling between each layer. Frost top and side of cake with frosting. Garnish with maraschino cherries and pistachios, if desired.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Calories from Fat||34 %|
Check out more recipes for Cakes