Black Cat Cookies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Black Cat Cookies
Makes about 20 cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|All-purpose flour (optional)|
|White Decorator Icing|
|Black paste food coloring|
|Assorted colored candies|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Divide dough in half. Reserve 1 half; cover and refrigerate remaining half.
- Roll reserved dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Sprinkle with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary.
- Cut out dough using 3-1/2-inch cat face cookie cutter. Place cutouts 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and scraps.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until firm but not browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Prepare White Decorator Icing. Add desired amount of food coloring to make black. Decorate cookies with icing and assorted candies as desired to make cat faces.
Check out more recipes for Halloween