Try this great recipe from the football fans and players on TLC's Kick Off Cook Off.
See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|1||(1–pound) New York Strip steak boneless|
|Extra Virgin olive oil|
|2||slices aged Cheddar|
|1/2||cup prepared mayonnaise|
|1||tablespoon whole grain mustard|
|2||tablespoons prepared horseradish|
|4||pitted dates (soaked in water if not soft)|
|5||large russet potatoes|
|2||quarts peanut oil|
|Salt and pepper|
- Heat grill to high. Rub meat with oil and season with salt and the black pepper.
- Grill on both sides until slightly charred and cooked to medium–rare doneness.
- Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes. Slice into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Brush Focaccia bread with olive oil and grill until toasted.
- Lay toasted Focaccia Bread halves on a flat surface and top each half with a slice of the cheese.
- Divide the steak among 4 of the pieces of bread and combine halves make 4 sandwiches.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil, place on the grill and grill for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from the grill and foil, lift 1 slice of the bread from each sandwich, and spread with a few tablespoons of Horseradish Mayonnaise. Top with a few sprigs of Arugula and serve.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste, with salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Rinse cut potatoes in a large bowl with lots of cold running water until water becomes clear. Cover with water by 1–inch and cover with ice. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day.
- Drain ice water from cut fries and wrap potato pieces in a clean dishcloth or tea towel and thoroughly pat dry.
- In a deep–fryer heat the oil to 325 degrees F. Add Fries and fry, use the basket to carefully remove fries from the oil and set aside to drain on paper towels. Let rest for at least 10 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- When ready to serve the French fries, reheat the oil to 350 degrees F. Transfer the blanched potatoes to the hot oil and fry again, stirring frequently, until golden brown and puffed, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to paper lined platter and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Sandwiches