Blueberry Muffins with a Twist of Lemon the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Blueberry Muffins with a Twist of Lemon
Makes 12 servings
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|1||cup uncooked old-fashioned oats|
|1/4||cup packed brown sugar|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|3/4||teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided|
|8||ounces lemon fat-free yogurt|
|1/4||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute or 2 egg whites|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1||teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|1||cup fresh or frozen blueberries|
|1||tablespoon granulated sugar|
|1||tablespoon sliced almonds (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 12 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- Combine yogurt, egg substitute, oil, lemon peel and vanilla in small bowl; stir into flour mixture just until blended. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups.
- Mix granulated sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and almonds, if desired, in small bowl. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.
|Serving Size:||1 muffin (without almonds)|
|Calories from Fat||14 %|
|Total Fat||2 g|
Check out more recipes for Muffins