Blueberry Sour Cream Cake
Makes one 9-inch cake
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|2/3||cup sugar, divided|
|2||teaspoons vanilla, divided|
|1-1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1-1/2||teaspoons baking powder|
|4||cups fresh blueberries|
|2||cups sour cream|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cardamom|
|1/4||teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|Grated lemon peel and fresh mint leaves for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat together butter and 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add to butter mixture, mixing until well blended. Spread onto bottom of prepared pan; cover with blueberries.
- Combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, sour cream, egg yolks, cardamom and lemon peel; pour over blueberries.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan. Cool cake completely before removing rim of pan. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Cakes