Makes 12 servings (1 cupcake each)
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix|
|3||eggs or 3/4 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|1/3||cup unsweetened applesauce|
|1||package (4-serving size) sugar-free vanilla pudding and pie filling mix|
|2||cups low-fat (1%) milk or fat-free (skim) milk|
|1/3||cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
- Line 24 (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to lower fat package directions, using 3 eggs and applesauce. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake according to package directions; cool completely. Freeze 12 cupcakes for another use.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups milk; cover and refrigerate.
- For chocolate glaze, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and water in large microwavable bowl; whisk until smooth. Microwave on HIGH 4 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until slightly thickened. Stir in vanilla.
- To serve, for each dessert drizzle 2 tablespoons chocolate glaze onto plate. Cut 1 cupcake in half; place halves on top of glaze. Top with about 2 heaping tablespoonfuls pudding. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size:||1 Boston Baby with about 2 tablespoons pudding (without garnish)|
|Calories from Fat||22 %|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Cakes