Boston Cream Cupcakes the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Boston Cream Cupcakes
Makes 22 cupcakes
|1||package (about 18 ounces) yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1/4||cup instant French vanilla pudding and pie filling mix|
|1||cup cold milk|
|1||container (16 ounces) dark chocolate frosting|
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk together pudding mix and milk until well blended. Cover and refrigerate pudding.
- Use tip of sharp knife to gently poke small hole into bottom of each cupcake. Place pudding in pastry bag fitted with small round pastry tip.*
- Place tip inside hole at bottom of cupcake; gently squeeze bag to fill cupcake with pudding. Repeat with remaining cupcakes and pudding.
- Place frosting in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Frost tops of cupcakes.
Check out more recipes for Cupcakes