Boston Cream Pie the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Boston Cream Pie
What a remarkable trio–light cake, pudding filling and a sinfully rich chocolate glaze!
Makes 8 servings
|1/2||(18-1/4-ounce) package light yellow cake mix|
|1/8||teaspoon baking soda|
|1-1/2||teaspoons vanilla, divided|
|1||package (4-serving size) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix|
|1-1/3||cups fat-free (skim) milk|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Lightly coat with flour. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix and baking soda in large bowl; mix well. Add water, egg whites and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat at low speed with electric mixer 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes or until cake pulls away from side of pan and springs back when touched lightly in center. Remove from oven. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Invert onto serving plate; cool completely.
- Combine pudding mix, milk and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in medium bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer 2 minutes; set aside.
- Prepare Chocolate Glaze.
- Cut cake in half horizontally; carefully remove top half of cake. Spread bottom half with pudding mixture. Replace top half; spoon Chocolate Glaze over top. Allow to stand until glaze hardens. Cut into wedges.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||9 %|
Check out more recipes for Northeastern