Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 6 to 8 hours
Makes 8 servings
|1||can (28 ounces) tomato sauce|
|2-1/2||teaspoons dried oregano, divided|
|1-1/4||teaspoons dried basil, divided|
|1/2||pound bulk hot Italian sausage|
|1/2||cup chopped onion|
|1/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||tablespoon dried parsley flakes|
|1||to 2 beef flank steaks (about 2-1/2 pounds)|
- Combine tomato sauce, 2 teaspoons oregano, 1 teaspoon basil and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Brown sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat. Drain fat. Combine sausage, onion, cheese, garlic, parsley, remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano and remaining 1/4 teaspoon basil in medium bowl; set aside.
- Place steak between 2 pieces waxed paper. Pound with meat mallet until steak is 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Cut steak into 3-inch-wide strips.
- Spoon sausage mixture evenly onto each steak strip. Roll up, jelly-roll-style, securing meat with toothpicks. Place each roll in slow cooker. Pour reserved tomato sauce mixture over rolls. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.
- Cut each roll into slices. Top with hot tomato sauce.
|Serving Size:||1/8 of total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45 %|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
Check out more recipes for Italian