Brandy Pecan Cake
Makes one 10-inch tube cake
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|1-1/4||cups granulated sugar|
|3/4||cup packed brown sugar|
|1||cup sour cream|
|2-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1||cup chopped pecans|
|Pecan halves for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- Beat together butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in sour cream and brandy.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add to butter mixture, mixing until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly to edges.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. (Surface will appear slightly wet.)
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen edges and remove to rack to cool completely.
- Prepare Brandy Glaze.
- Drizzle cake with Brandy Glaze. Garnish, if desired. Store tightly covered.
Check out more recipes for Cakes