Brandy Snaps with Lemon Ricotta Cream
Makes 2 dozen cookies
|1/2||cup (1 stick) unsalted butter|
|1/3||cup light corn syrup|
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|1||tablespoon brandy or cognac|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened|
|1/2||cup ricotta cheese|
|2||teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel|
|1||tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. For cookies, place butter, sugar and corn syrup in medium saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture is blended. Stir in flour and brandy.
- Drop level tablespoonfuls of batter about 3 inches apart onto cookie sheet, spacing to fit 4 cookies on sheet. Bake one cookie sheet at a time, about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- When just cool enough to handle, usually within 1 minute, remove each cookie from baking sheet and quickly wrap around wooden spoon handle to form tube. (If cookies become to firm to wrap, return to oven 10 to 15 seconds to soften.)
- For cream filling, process butter, ricotta, sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice in food processor until smooth, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Place filling in pastry bag fitted with plain or star tip, or in 1-quart plastic food storage bag with small piece of corner cut off. Fill cookies just before serving.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Calories from Fat||56 %|
Check out more recipes for Cookies