Breakfast Pile-Ups the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|2||whole wheat English muffins, halved|
|Butter-flavored cooking spray|
|1||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4||pound 98% fat-free ham, thinly sliced and chopped|
|1/2||cup finely chopped green onions|
|3/4||cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese|
- Preheat broiler. Place muffin halves, cut sides up, on baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from heat 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Remove from broiler; set aside.
- Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add egg substitute and black pepper; cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until set. Gently run spatula under eggs to ensure even cooking.
- Remove skillet from heat. Lightly spray each muffin half with cooking spray. Top with eggs; set aside.
- Spray same skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add ham and green onions. Lightly spray ham mixture with cooking spray. Cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until ham begins to lightly brown.
- Spoon ham mixture over eggs. Top with cheese. Broil 6 inches from heat 1 minute or until cheese melts.
Melting the cheese under the broiler will also reheat the eggs slightly.
|Serving Size:||1 pile-up|
|Calories from Fat||31 %|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
Check out more recipes for Casseroles & Dishes